Monday 28 November 2011

What caught my eye today.

Today, i happened to come across some rather remarkable furniture.
I have rather a particular taste in furniture. Normally it's pretty simple and understated.
I'm not really a bling and glitz kind of girl.
But when i saw these beauties by Birgit Israel, all my preconceived ideals flew out the window.
I love the inlaid mirror and brass detailing in the cabinet, the 3d effect of the drawers and the beautiful brass legs on the writing table. 
For me, they are the perfect mix between modern design, and old-fashioned craftsmanship. They are contemporary, but with more than just a hint of old time glamour from the 1930's and 40's.
Each item of furniture is hand made in Germany, and they can all be customised to make them even more perfect. 
But i don't think i'd change a thing.




 All images from the Birgit Israel website.


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3237081/saskia-likes?claim=vnsjjbhch9x">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment