Tuesday 29 November 2011

A room with a view

Today has been such a grey and miserable day here in London. It was pretty much dark by about 15:45, the wind has been howling and everyone has been wrapped up warm. It seems the moment i step outside, i cant wait to get back indoors again.
It would be so lovely to be able to sit somewhere cosy and look out on the world, without actually having to go outside and face the elements. Unfortunately where i've been sitting looks out onto my neighbours washing line and a school playground. 
Oh the joys of compact London living.
At some point in my life i'd love to build my own house, well not literally build it myself, more like design it and then get someone else to build it for me. You know what i mean. I would like to think that this house i will one day build, will have a beautiful view of some sort, and i'd design the space to make the most of it. I can imagine myself sat down in a cosy corner with a cup of coffee, looking out at whatever the view holds.
Now that would be idyllic.

I was browsing pinterest for inspiration, and found some of these completely enchanting views. I particularly like the though of a bath with a view. Now that would be luxurious!











All images are from pinterest

5 comments:

  1. I'm tired of the gloomy weather on my side of the world too. I love the idea of a bath with a view paired off with some really good music and the smell of cinnamon around the house. How relaxing that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar weather here in NY this morning, these all look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO into the idea of designing your own house!!! Sounds amazing. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your lovely photos, I can move there even today.... and the view!!!

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could definitely do with any one of these views!

    ReplyDelete