Sunday 27 November 2011

Dreaming of somewhere else

I think November is possibly on of the most dreary months there is. 
Granted this year has been better than last, it's been weirdly warm here in London.
Despite this though, it doesn't stop me thinking of sunnier climes. I'd love to jet off and soak up the sun somewhere beautiful just before Christmas, then come back and feel rejuvenated enough to deal with the Christmas shopping crowds!
South Africa has a particularly special place in my heart. I spent 5 months there in 2008 and completely fell in love with it. 
Cape Town is one of the most diverse and exciting places i've ever been. It's an amalgamation of so many different cultures, sights and sounds. The city sprawls out below the majestic table mountain, all the way to the sea. The setting is magical, the people are lovely, the wine is amazing, and the shopping is pretty good too.
I'd love to be there right now, do a couple of days in town and then drive out to the cape winelands to relax, and it seems i've found the perfect place to do that.

Babylonstoren.
Judge for yourself, but from these photos, to me it looks pretty much like heaven.






If time and money prevailed, i'd be there right now!


All images from Babylonstoren's website

1 comment:

  1. This is the second post about Cape Town I have seen to do. I am looking forward to leaving London for a holiday in my home city in February. These dark winters are killer.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete